Goal Plan for 2011-2012
1.@ Beginning of semester: make weekly schedule
-list study resources and try them out
-find study groups for each class; try them out; decide within the first week which ones you will stick with.(BIOEHS, MEP academic learning, SLC)
- develop a schedule of when you do what homework and how much of it for how long.
-set aside time for career development
-look for environ. or eng. clubs and go to the meetings; choose one to stick with; set aside time for the club activities.
-set aside time to excercise
2. Start organized, stay organized
- get a box to file all papers for every class and activity you have
-clean desk after every use
- do laundry once a week
-BEFORE CLASS: review last lectures notes, then preread the next section!
-Record lecture material(especially for humanities)
-When taking notes always have a pen(for important stuff); a pencil(for examples); and a highlighter(for especially important stuff)
-Revisit class notes and make note of important points
-Give yourself breaks
-have a plan of how to catch up or not fall behind when there is a midterm in another class.
1. before you start studying, think about the topic you are about to study. be curious about the topic. Then you will have a motivation to study and it’ll be easier to get into the zone.
-Stick with your schedule(make it possible)
-Set a buffer time for making up material
-Have a plan of how to catch up or not fall behind when there is a midterm in another class.
- If you are going to lecture, make use of the time you spend there by staying alert and asking questions
*Things to “Recall” :]
- you take tests best when you feel prepared
-prepared to be suprised.
-don’t panic on a hard test; NEVER assume you don’t have the knowledge to do a problem. They can always be figured out with what you learned.
- you have friends. don’t neglect them.
- you also have a family. don’t neglect them either.
- be aware of your personal brand. What do you want it to be?
- listen to music when you can. it keeps a body happy.